Information Technology Enables Many People To Do Their Work Outside Their Workplace | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Information technology enables many people to do their work outside their workplace. Do the benefits of this mobility outweigh the disadvantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.Find IELTS writing tips and English Grammar lessons on our Youtube Channel.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Information technology has revolutionized our lives. The advancement in technology has been enabling professionals to work remotely away from their offices. In my opinion, the advantages of this development outweigh the downsides. This change has benefitted working professionals in many ways.
First and foremost, in this hectic and tedious work environment, people face challenges to strike a balance between work and personal life. Information technology allows those professionals to work from the home and spend quality time with their loved ones. It not only improves their productivity but also reduces the work related stress. Moreover, it enables the employers to save their capital on operational expenses such as office rent, workers’ travelling cost and stationary expenses. Therefore, mobility due to information technology is a beneficial development for the people of all walks of life.
However, this innovation has many inevitable downsides. Firstly, the complacent attitude of people while working remotely is one of the key drawbacks which affects the work deadlines and end results. People generally take the casual approach and work as per their convenience when they work remotely. For example, in offices, it is mandatory for employees to spend a certain number of hours of working; however, people generally spend less time on work when they work remotely. Hence, this phenomenon is disadvantageous for employees lacking discipline and the companies employing them.
In conclusion, despite the fact that working remotely is not ideal for employees lacking self discipline, I assert that benefits like better work life balance and less stress level outweigh those disadvantages.
- More And More People Are Working At Home Rather Than In The Workplace. Some People Think This Will Bring Stress To Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- A Growing Number Of People Work By Telecommuting | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Are Spending More Time In Workplace And Staying Away From Home | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Technology Is Increasingly Being Used To Monitor What People Are Saying And Doing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Who Had A Big Impact On The World Gave Themselves To Their Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Computers And Modems Have Made It Possible For Office Workers To Do Much Of Their Work From Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say It Is Important To Keep Your Home And Workplace Tidy | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Work Long Hours | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Has Been Claimed That Workers Over 50 Are Not Responsive To Rapidly Changing Ideas In The Modern Workplace | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Women Will Play An Increasingly Important Role At Workplace In Future | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample