Influence Of Human Beings On The World’s Ecosystem Is Leading To The Extinction Of Many Species and Loss Of Biodiversity | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Influence of human beings on the world’s ecosystem is leading to the extinction of many species and loss of biodiversity. What are the primary causes of loss of biodiversity? What solutions can you suggest to protect endangered species and biodiversity?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Human activities have detrimental impact on some animal and plant species. The primary factors responsible for the loss of biodiversity are the growing need to bring more land under cultivation and the human interference in marine ecosystems. This essay will discuss the causes of this problem and suggest some measures to save biodiversity.
The two major causes of imbalance in the ecosystem are ever increasing demand for agricultural land and aquatic activities. The need to feed the growing population requires more land to grow food. Consequently, this has led to deforestation and extinction of various plant and animal species. Further, activities like oil and natural gas extraction from the seabed might affect marine biodiversity. It may cause underwater temperature to rise and add some impurities into the oceans that might harm certain water species. For example, it is estimated that oil spill accident that happened last week in Atlantic Ocean will affect thousands of underwater species. Illegal trade in forest produce and wildlife are other factors leading to the cause of biodiversity. Many species of birds and animals have become extinct due to excessive hunting and poaching.
These problems may seem unsurmountable; however, there are solutions available. Firstly, technology such as shed agriculture and genetically modified crops should be adopted to increase the yield per hectare. For example, a study revealed that engineered seeds give twice as much yield as traditional seeds. It is also important for the government to create more wildlife sanctuaries, promote afforestation and introduce serious laws against poaching.
To conclude, there are many human activities such as excessive cultivation of land and exploitation of marine life that have ominous effects on the ecosystem. However, there are some solutions available which can be used to mitigate the problem.
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About The Extinction of Wildlife Species Due To Human Activity
- Many People Think That We Have To Focus On The Extinction Of Certain Animal Species | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Some scientists believe that only certain species of wildlife should be protected
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Human Activity Has Had A Negative Effect On Plants And Animals
- More And More Wild Animals Are On The Verge On Extinction | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More Wild Animals Are On The Verge Of Extinction | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Human Activity Has Had A Negative Impact On Plants And Animals | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Human Activities Have Had A Negative Impact On Plants And Animals | Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | The Popularity Of Fashion Clothes Shows The Tendency Of Human Beings To Copy One Another
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Human Activity Has Had Significant Negative Impact On The Planet