Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
The growing menace of pollution and traffic congestion on our motorways may be due to an increase in the number of vehicles. Some people believe that by increasing the price of fuel this menace can be tackled. In my opinion, this is a wrong assumption and does not address the core issue of pollution and traffic control. In my opinion, petrol being the lifeline of our economy is an essential commodity. By increasing the price of this commodity, we can only hurt the growth of our economy.
If fuel prices increase, everything from essential medicines to vegetables will become expensive. More importantly, many people may take advantage of this hike in petrol price to make a quick gain. Because of these reasons, I totally disagree with this measure.
Some other measures should be explored to combat this menace. The most important way of doing this is to promote the use of public transport in place of private and personal vehicles. To encourage people to use public transport, busy roads should be made accessible to only public transport during peak hours. This measure will force commuters to use public transport such as buses and trains.
But the authorities have the responsibility to build an efficient and reliable public transport network in place. This has been done in countries like Singapore with a high rate of success. Another measure also adopted in countries like Singapore is to increase the price of cars and other personal vehicles. This also encourages the use of public transport system in place of private cars. Some other measures too should be taken. For example, the motorways should be maintained properly, the use of railways should be encouraged and old and polluting cars should be removed from our roads. It is my belief that increasing fuel price solves no problem; rather it creates another set of problem. By exploring alternative ways of combating this issue, we may attain greater success.
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems | Band 8 And 7.5 IELTS Essay Samples
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Solution For Traffic Congestion And Air Pollution
- Some People Think That The Best Way To Solve Environmental Problems Is To Increase The Price Of Petrol | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems And Air Pollution, The Government Should Invest In Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Increasing Tax On Private Vehicles Will Reduce Traffic Congestion
- Some People Say That The Government Should Increase The Tax On Petrol | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In order to solve traffic problems government should tax private cars owners heavily and use the money to improve public transport
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing Car Ownership Has Made Many Cities One Big Traffic Jam
- IELTS essay: The usage of private cars is increasing. What are the problems associated with this?
- The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems Is To Provide Free Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample