Increasing The Cost Of Fuel Is The Best Way To Solve Environmental Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that one of the best ways to solve environmental problems is to increase the cost of fuel for cars and other vehicles. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It argued by some individuals that increasing the price of fuel for automobiles is an effective method to resolve environmental issues. I strongly agree with this statement and believe that the rise in the fuel rates will discourage people from using personal vehicles frequently. In addition to this people will also be more inclined to using electric cars which will result in reduced levels of air and sound pollution.
To begin with, increasing the price of fuel will force people to limit the usage of personal cars. This will result in reduced amount of carbon dioxide emissions into the earth’s atmosphere which in turn will help in lowering pollution levels. For instance, a person who uses a vehicle everyday for commuting to work will be willing to access public transportation in order to deal with increased fuel rates instead of driving his/her own car. Hence, hike in fuel prices can aid in resolving environmental issues by making it difficult for the public to use personal vehicles on a daily basis.
Another reason why increasing fuel charges is beneficial for the environment is that the public will be more inclined to buying electric cars rather than fossil fuel cars. Advancements in technology have helped in developing safe and budget friendly electric cars that are affordable for the general public. For example, Ellon Musk, CEO of Tesla motors has launched their first low price model which fully operates by using electricity resulting in zero gas emissions. Therefore, people would be encouraged to use electric cars as the costs involved in charging them are significantly lower than the cost of fuel.
In conclusion, I believe that though people know the seriousness of global warming and other environmental issues we are facing today they still fail to act. Thus, raising the fuel prices will be a great means to combat environmental issues as it will not only be difficult for individuals to afford usage of personal vehicles but it also encourages them to use electric cars which are cheaper.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- To Solve The Ever-Increasing Environmental Hazards The Best Way Is To Increase The Price Of Fuel | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Best Way To Solve Environmental Problems Is To Increase The Price Of Petrol | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems | Band 8 And 7.5 IELTS Essay Samples
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems And Air Pollution, The Government Should Invest In Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: The usage of private cars is increasing. What are the problems associated with this?
- Eventually Technology Will Solve The Most Important Environmental Problems | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Solution For Traffic Congestion And Air Pollution
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Should fuel prices be increased to reduce pollution?