Increasing Numbers Of Students Are Choosing To Study Abroad | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Increasing numbers of students are choosing to study abroad. To what extent does this trend benefit the students themselves and the countries involved? What are the drawbacks?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Students going abroad to pursue their higher education has become very common these days. It is beneficial for students as they get better exposure, world class education and well-paying jobs. The influx of skilled people is a welcoming development for a foreign country while it can be either good or bad for their native country.
On the one hand, students who have an international degree enjoy quality education and high paying jobs. Developed countries have top rated universities that provide world class education to their students. Also, studying abroad is an opportunity for a student to get exposed to diverse cultures and work ethics. This exposure will enhance their perspectives and make them capable of working in diverse environments. Another advantage of studying abroad is that it enables a student to learn a second or a third language.
On the other hand, this development can be either beneficial or detrimental for their native country depending upon what they chose to do after completing their studies. If they decide to return, the homeland can benefit from the knowledge and expertise they acquired from abroad. Now if they choose to find employment in the country where they studied, it is a loss for their motherland. In this case, the real beneficiary is the country where they choose to work.
In conclusion, studying abroad is largely a beneficial trend for students. If these students choose to return after completing their studies, it is beneficial for their motherland. On the other hand, if they decide to work abroad, it is a loss of talent for their native country.
- University Students Are Increasingly Studying Abroad | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In The Past, When Students Did A University Degree, They Tended To Study In Their Own Country | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay samples: It is better to study abroad
- Many People Want To Study Abroad | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More Students Are Going Abroad For Higher Studies
- University Students Are Increasingly Studying Abroad As Part Of Their Studies | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Nowadays Travel Abroad For Their University Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people with a good education and experience in their field decide to move abroad to work | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Today, more and more students are deciding to move to a different country for higher studies
- Going Overseas For University Study Is An Exciting Prospect For Many People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample