In The Past, People Wore Clothes That Were Unique To Their Own Culture | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In the past, people wore clothes that were unique to their own culture. Today, people all over the world wear the same types of clothes. Is this trend a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Clothing has changed dramatically over the last few years. In the past, people used to wear traditional dresses that symbolized their culture and identity, whereas nowadays, the dressing pattern is becoming increasingly uniform across different countries. I think this is a good trend because modern costumes are comfortable, economical and prevent discrimination among people. In this essay, I will substantiate my view with relevant details.
To start with, there are several advantages to wearing the same clothes everywhere. To start with, they are readily available all over the world. For example, western outfits like shirts and trousers are not only comfortable but also convenient. They are available in every store all over the world. This makes life convenient for people traveling or living abroad. Also, when everyone wears similar outfits, it prevents a lot of dress based discrimination. Wearing similar clothes across regions creates a sense of unity among people. In other words, it helps individuals to break the cultural barrier and reduce discrimination. For example, an Indian and American in the same outfit look similar in his/her personality and presentations.
By contrast, if people insist on wearing their traditional outfits regardless of where they live, they will put themselves in difficulty. For example, shopping for sari in America can be a bit of hassle and make life difficult for an Indian woman living in America. Now, if she is comfortable wearing western outfits, she can save herself the trouble of importing native wear from her country. Of course, this does not mean that people should stop wearing their traditional costumes. They can and they should wear whatever they are comfortable in. Even so, the trend of wearing the same kind of clothes everywhere is largely positive.
In conclusion, people wearing the same type of clothes is a positive development for society as a whole. In order to preserve the ancient traditions, people can also wear ethnic wear on festive occasions.
Want to improve your English Grammar? Get my book and avoid making the common mistakes that IELTS test takers usually make.
- Earlier, People Wore Clothes Which Were Related To Their Culture But Now People Wear The Same Kind Of Clothes | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about people wearing clothes of the same kind
- In The Past People Used To Wear Traditional Clothes Depending On Their Culture | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Now people wear similar clothes all around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | Popularity of western outfits
- Some People Say That It Is Possible To Tell A Lot About A Person’s Culture And Character From Their Choice Of Clothes | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Everyone now wears the same kinds of clothes and eats the same food. Is this a positive trend?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More People Are Buying Fashionable Clothes
- Today More And More People Like To Wear Fashionable Clothes | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That It Is Possible To Tell A Lot About A Person’s Culture And Character From Their Choice Of Clothing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample