In the last 20 years there have been significant developments in the field of information technology | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In the last 20 years there have been significant developments in the field of information technology. However, future developments in IT are likely to have more negative effects than positive. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The field of information technology witnessed remarkable advancements and innovations over the past two decades. However, some people argue that in the future, innovations in the field of IT will be largely negative. I do not agree with this view. In my opinion, the IT field will offer more benefits than disadvantages in the future.
In the future, people will enjoy many benefits from the developments in the IT field. The field of artificial intelligence may flourish. Human beings may be able to explore space and the bottom of the sea to a great extent by sending robots to such areas. Robotic maids may be invented and they can help people to do their household activities and people can utilize that time for other productive activities. In addition to this, computers may identify the items which have run out and place an order through the internet. Furthermore, digital scent technology may allow people to smell the products available online before buying them.
The benefits of growth of information technology will be enormous but there will be a few downsides as well. In addition, people may lead a more sedentary life style in the future. When computers do all the day to day activities for human beings, people will become less active and this can cause several health issues such as obesity and cardiovascular diseases. It may also reduce the skills and abilities of human beings. When human beings do not use their intelligence, they may contract neurodegenerative diseases at a very young age.
However, if people make a conscious effort to ensure that they are not overly dependent on technology, these downsides will have little impact on them. For example, they can continue to memorize spellings and telephone numbers to ensure that their brain capacity is not affected.
To conclude, inventions and discoveries in the field of information technology will be more advantageous in the future. Of course, there will be a few downsides, but they pale in comparison to the advantages.
- IELTS Essay: Has technology made us more efficient?
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | What Is The Greatest Invention Of The Last 100 Years?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Are Asking For Too Much Personal Information
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that the range of technology currently available is increasing the gap between rich people and poor people.
- Band 6.5 Essay Sample | Technology Will Eventually Replace Teachers In The Classroom
- Band 7 essay sample | Impact of technology
- IELTS essay sample | Were older technologies more beneficial than newer technologies?
- Band 9 essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computers
- Band 8 essay sample | Should employees share personal information with the employer?