In The Future, Nobody Will Buy Printed Newspapers Or Books Because They Will Be Able To Read Everything They Want Online Without Paying | IELTS Essay Samples
In the future, nobody will buy printed newspapers or books because they will be able to read everything they want online without paying. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Many people believe that the online news will replace traditional newspapers and books, and people will no longer have to pay to read anything. I partially agree with this statement, however, there are many articles that are not completely free for people to read.
On the one hand, the method of reading online books and news is becoming more popular because it is much more convenient. Due to the rapid development of technologies, digital transformation is widely applied to many industries, including publishing and journalism. Therefore, many people can have an easier approach to online documents without having to pay or to go outside to buy newspapers and books. As a result, the usage of original books and news will gradually decrease since many people can read those on the internet with much cheaper and easier access.
On the other hand, although there are many electronic news that are free, there are some specific types of books and newspapers that are not accessible and require payment. Many expertise documents such as market research, dissertations, and reports require people to pay money in order to read them, since they most likely have copyrights from publishers, companies, agencies, or government departments. For instance, platforms such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journals are some significant websites which charge users for money to be able to read, because it took effort and resources to compose those specialized articles.
In conclusion, even though online books and newspapers are gradually replacing traditional ways of reading from printed ones, I am convinced that not all online documents are free to use. It is predictable that in the future, more reading platforms can charge a definite amount of money in order to ensure quality content for users.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate. You can find more to what extent do you agree essay samples here.
- Although More People Read News On The Internet, Newspapers Will Remain The Most Important Source Of News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Although More And More People Read News On The Internet, Newspapers Will Remain The Most Important Source Of News | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Few Young People Read Newspapers
- In Many Countries, Very Few Young People Read Newspapers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Printed books and magazines have lost their importance
- In many countries, very few young people read newspapers or follow the news on TV | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Printed Books
- In recent years, more and more people are choosing to read e books rather than paper books | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In recent years, more and more people are choosing to read e-books rather than paper books. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
- There Is No Need For Print Newspapers. Do you Agree?