In Some Countries, More And More People Are Becoming Interested In Finding Out About The History Of The House They Live In | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
In some countries, more and more people are becoming interested in finding out about the history of the house or building they live in. What are the reasons for this? How can people research this?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
The trend of homeowners searching for historical information about their homes is becoming more and more popular in many countries. This tendency can be attributed to some definite reasons and there are several ways people can do this.
The primary reason why some people nowadays have the tendency to look for house or building history is that they want to understand the structure. Some people are simply fascinated by the original architecture or the design of the place they are living in. Old buildings that still stand will usually have some interesting history about them. The fact that they survived so long is itself a sign that those buildings were important at the time of their construction. Maybe they were occupied by royal or aristocratic families. Finding out such details can be interesting for many people. For some people, researching the history of the building could be an attempt to avoid staying in a haunted place or something like that. If the building has a haunted past, people can choose not to live in them.
There are many ways people can find this information. The simplest method is that people can ask local citizens for information, especially the elders. Because they are the people who lived in that neighbourhood for a long time, they will be a worthwhile source of information if anyone wants to understand more about their houses or their living areas. Another way is to search information on the Internet or through other modes such as books or historic articles. To illustrate, many buildings in some areas of Vietnam have a huge source of documents and online information associated with them and it is extremely useful if some people want to understand about the places that they are going to move in.
In conclusion, people are looking up the history of their home because they may be fascinated by its architecture or they may have heard many stories about it. Locals are definitely the best source of information about such buildings. Historical documents may also help.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 essay sample | Local history is more important than foreign history
- Since Most Information About History And Culture Is Found On The Internet, Museums Are Not Needed Anymore | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | More And More People Are Showing An Interest in Finding Out Their Family History
- Some People Think That Old Buildings Should Be Knocked Down | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Prefer To Live In A House While Others Feel That There Are More Advantages To Living In An Apartment | Band 8 IELTS Sample
- The Internet Means People Do Not Need To Travel To Foreign Countries To Understand How Others Live |
- Since Most Information About Culture And History Can Be Found Online, Museums Are No Longer Needed | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people think that studying history is a waste of time while others think that it is essential to learn | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Studying History Is A Waste of Time | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Sample essay: A number of historic buildings have been destroyed. What are the reasons for this?