In Some Countries, Men And Women Are Having Babies Late In Life | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
In some countries, men and women are having babies late in life. What are the reasons? Is it a positive or negative employment?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
In some modern nations, more women are waiting until their late-thirties or forties to start having kids. As a result, the average age of first time mothers in increasing. This essay will explore the causes of this trend and explain why I believe it is a positive employment.
Firstly, more and more women delay marriage to gain higher educational qualifications or to establish themselves in jobs and careers. Women of this generation are not bound to the traditional concept of marriage; instead, they seek and have the freedom to pursue their own gorals. It is challenging for a woman to have babies and take good care of them while she is busy with her studies or work. What’s more, in order to have an edge in some competitive workplaces, women have no choice but to put off their plans for having babies.
Another reason why women and their partners decide to postpone having children is that advances in fertility technology allow them to make this decision. Thanks to technologies that allow the freezing of eggs, women can have babies even in their forties. This option has given women some flexibility in deciding the right time for them to have babies.
The preference for a delayed first pregnancy is a good phenomenon because it represents a stronger family focus and better parenting. Older parents who have secure jobs and income tend to have more financial ability to provide for their children with great education resources. In addition, without the stress of earning money, older parents can spend more time with their children and accompany them with patience. To conclude, the invention of fertility technology enables women to pursue their career goals and postpone the typical timeline for having kids. It is a beneficial trend because older parents can provide a better upbringing to their children.
Need help with English grammar? Buy my book English Grammar And Usage with proven tips to improve your grammar and writing.
- IELTS sample essay: Why do couples delay parenthood?
- In Many Countries Couples Decide To Have A Child At An Advanced Age | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Certain jobs are more suitable for men than women
- There Is Far More Attention On Men’s Sports Than Women’s Sport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 6 essay sample: What are the causes of having children later in life?
- IELTS essay sample | Should women join armed forces?
- Write A Letter To The Manager To Apologise For Being Late For Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Grandparents Provide Better Care Than Day Care Centres
- Band 8 essay sample: Stay-at-home dads
- More And More Go Out To Work. Should The Government Provide Free Staff And Facilities To Care For Their Children | Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample