In Some Countries Boys And Girls Are Educated In Different Schools | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
In some countries girls and boys are educated in different schools rather than the same school. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing module? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
In many nations across the world, boys and girls are sent to separate schools. This essay will discuss the advantages of this trend and then outline its drawbacks.
To start with, the main advantage of doing this is that there are minimal chances of sexual abuse. It makes one feel safe and secure when one is among children of one’s own gender. Another merit is that they do not have to deal with any kind of distraction which takes away their focus from their studies, unlike in mixed schools, where boys and girls get attracted to each other and lose focus on their studies. Also, it has been found that the success rate of single gender schools is higher than that of co-educational schools.
However, there are some demerits to sending children to the same gender schools. Firstly, it becomes very difficult for a child to interact with a person of opposite gender. Not only do they find it difficult to talk, but they also get a little conscious and confused about their behaviour at that moment. Secondly, this gives rise to gender discrimination. From a very young age, boys and girls get knowledge of the different kind of treatment they receive on the basis of their gender and this gives rise to much bigger issues in the society.
To conclude, although there are advantages to educating children in separate institutes based on their gender, it should not be forgotten that this arrangement does have some adverse ramifications. This may help with their academic grades, but it could hurt their social skills.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 essay sample | Boys and girls should be taught in separate schools
- Band 7 essay sample: Some people believe that boys and girls should be taught in separate schools
- Band 9 IELTS essay: Should children go to mixed schools?
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Girls Choose Arts And Boys Choose Science
- IELTS Band 9 Essay Sample About Girls Choosing Arts And Boys Choosing Science
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Single Sex Schools Vs Co-Ed Schools
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Girls Choose Arts And Boys Choose Science At University
- Sentences that do not have an independent clause
- Universities Should Accept Equal Number Of Male And Female Students In Each Subject | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Participation In Leisure Activities | Band 9 IELTS Report | Academic Module Task 1