In Some Countries, A Few People Earn Extremely High Salaries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
In some countries, a few people earn extremely high salaries, some people think that this is good for a country while others believe that the government should control salaries and limit the amount people can earn. Discuss both views.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
In both developing and developed countries, people often debate how much a person can earn. Some people argue that there should not be any restriction imposed on the earnings of the people as higher salaries benefit the nation. However, others tend to differ and feel that the government should cap the salaries of their citizens to reduce disparity in income.
On the one hand, it is often argued that people should be paid according to their caliber. They think that higher salary improves the standard of living which in turn contributes to the development of their nation. The higher salaried person will end up paying more income tax which is usually the major source income for the government authorities. The money collected from the tax is usually used for the development of the nation. Hence a higher salary is good for their motherland. For instance, in India, companies like Microsoft and Google are offering a handsome salary to their employees. While their employees are among the best paid in the world, they are also the highest taxpayers in the country.
On the other hand, many believe that the government should restrict the amount that their residents earn. The salary gap between them should not exist as it brings instability in the society. They prefer to keep a uniform pay-range for every job as it makes their economy stable. It reduces poverty and the gap between the rich and the poor. For instance, in Canada, every job has a minimum and maximum pay scale and their citizens are paid in that range. And because of this, Canada has become one of the most stable economies.
To recapitulate, many people across the world have relatively higher salaries which contribute to the development of their motherland. However, there are many countries like Canada, which has put up a pay range in order to maintain better parity in income.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- In Some Countries, A Few People Earn Extremely High Salaries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | In some countries, a few people earn extremely high salaries
- Some People Think That The Government Should Cap The Salaries Of People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Artists Earn Low Salaries And Therefore Should Receive Funding From The Government | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- More Artists Earn Low Salaries And Hence The Government Should Support Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Successful Sports Professionals Can Earn A Great Deal More Money Than People In Other Important Professions | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Celebrities earn more money than other professionals. Is this justified?
- Some People Think That They Should Not Have To Pay Tax | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Employees in senior management positions should receive higher salaries | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 essay about the huge salaries of sports people