In Order To Solve Traffic Problems, Governments Should Tax Private Car Owners | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In order to solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation. What are the advantages and disadvantages of such a solution?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS essay writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is argued that people who use their own vehicles should be heavily taxed so that public transportation system can be developed from the tax money. However, there are some benefits and drawbacks to such a trend that need to be considered.
Firstly, the number of vehicles that enter urban areas may be reduced due to the high taxation on private car owners. In other words, the imposed fines may not be affordable to people because they have already been paying a considerable amount of money for fuel and the maintenance of their cars. As a result of this, it may prevent / discourage / stop) people from using private cars and they might seek alternative modes of transportation. Secondly, it is known that many public transport services in the country are in poor condition due to the lack of financial resources. Therefore, imposing tax on private car users could be a way for governments to earn some money and invest it for upgrading public transport services. Consequently, people will not hesitate to travel by buses or trains any more.
On the other hand, there are some negative outcomes to this approach. Imposing unreasonable fines on its citizens can lead to disputes between the authorities and the general public. In addition, there are many countries which are underdeveloped and have low personal incomes and tax on private vehicles will put them in more financial difficulties. In this regard, people get disappointed and they may conduct strikes or protests which may be harmful for the country’s economy. Moreover, it is for people to decide whether they should use private cars or public transport for commuting even though those services are in greater condition.
In conclusion, it is true that imposing heavy taxes on private car owners and using that tax money to develop the public transport system definitely have some positive outcomes. However, there are some disadvantages to this phenomenon that need to be considered.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems, Governments Should Tax Private Car Owners Heavily And Use The Money To Improve Public Transportation | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In order to solve traffic problems government should tax private cars owners heavily and use the money to improve public transport
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems And Air Pollution, The Government Should Invest In Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In Order To Solve Traffic Problems People Should Live In Cities
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Increasing Tax On Private Vehicles Will Reduce Traffic Congestion
- The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems Is To Provide Free Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: The usage of private cars is increasing. What are the problems associated with this?
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems