In Order To Be Successful In Sport, Some People Think That You Have To Be Physically Strong | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
In order to be successful in sport, some people think you have to be physically strong. Others say that mental strength is more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, physical strength is more significant than mental agility to be successful in any sports. I fully agree with this view; however, mental strength is also important because it helps to stay focused and motivated in the game.
Physical strength is one trait of a sportsman that is required to win any game related to physical activity. Games like tennis and football require physical stamina. If players are not strong, they will not be able to survive in the game for long. Sometimes they have to play under extreme weather conditions and for prolonged hours. All sportsmen regularly exercise to keep themselves fit. They pursue healthy eating habits. If they do not keep themselves fit there are high chances that they will not get selected for the team.
By contrast, some people argue that mental strength is more important because they believe that if players are not relaxed and their mind is thinking about numerous other things, they will not be able to focus on the game. Of course, when sportspersons play at the international level, they are under tremendous pressure to win the game. If players are not able to cope with stressful situations like this, they will make mistakes. If they possess enough mental strength, they can stay calm and relaxed and play to the best of their ability. While physical strength is important for the game, to remain motivated and focused it is required to be mentally strong. Thus, it is important to stay both physically and mentally fit.
In conclusion, mental strength alone will not enable a sportsperson to win a game. However, if a physically strong player also possesses sufficient levels of mental strength, they have considerably higher chances of success.
Is bad grammar hurting your writing score? Buy my book with proven tips for improving your English grammar.
- Some People Think That Physical Strength Is More Important For Success In Sports | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That To Be Successful At A Sport You Need Natural Talent | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals And Teams Always Succeed in Sports
- Some People Argue That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals Achieve The Greatest Success In Sports | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Argue That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals And Teams Always Achieve The Greatest Success In Sports | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Psychological Illnesses May Not Be As Obvious As Physical Disabilities Or Illnesses | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think The Most Important Thing For Nurses Is To Have Strong Medical Knowledge | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Spending Time To Develop A Successful Career Is The Most Important Thing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Fail In School, But End Up Being Successful In Life | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Sport is becoming a business. Is this a positive development?