In Many Places, New Homes Are Needed But The Only Space Available For Building Them Is In The Countryside | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In many places, new homes are needed, but the only space available for building them is the countryside. Some believe it is more important to protect the countryside and not build homes there. What is your opinion about this?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Demand for new houses is increasing day by day in urban areas, although there is a shortage of land available for this purpose. The only solution to this problem is to build homes in the rural area. However, some people opine that the countryside should not be used for building residential buildings, but I completely disagree with this argument.
First and foremost, due to the growing population more and more people are migrating to big cities in search of better jobs, life style and education. This results in space constraints in these metropolitan cities. So the only solution to get rid of congestion in cities is to build homes in the rural area. Building homes away from cities will also reduce the problem of traffic jams in urban areas. People will not have to waste hours in traffic jam daily.
Last but not least, it will be helpful for improving the lifestyle of people living in the countryside as the price of property will increase benefitting the local community. These residential buildings will open doors for new business setups, services such as restaurants, shopping malls and gymnasiums. A good example of this is the city of Chandigarh. The area in which Chandigarh was developed was completely rural with almost no job opportunities, and educational institutions. However the development of this completely new settlement opened doors for new job opportunities and it resulted in holistic development of local residents.
To conclude, in my opinion building homes in the countryside is a win-win situation for all the stakeholders. It eases the space constraints and traffic congestion in cities. At the same time, it improves the standard of living in rural areas.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- New Homes Are Needed But The Only Space Available Is In The Countryside | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Believe That The Countryside Should Not Be Used For Building New Homes
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Countryside Should Be Used For Building Homes
- Some People Believe That New Homes Should Be Built In The Countryside | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Should people be allowed to build homes of whatever design and size they prefer
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Young People Are Leaving Their Homes And Villages And Moving To Cities
- Industries Should Be Moved to Rural Areas | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- To solve traffic and transportation problems, people should be encouraged to live in cities | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | It is better to raise children in cities than in the countryside
- Should New Homes Be Built In The Existing Cities Or Should New Towns Be Built For This Purpose | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample