In Many Places New Homes Are Needed | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In many places, new homes are needed, but the only space available for building them is in the countryside. Some people believe it is more important to protect the countryside and not build new homes there. What is your opinion about this? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is considered by some that in spite of the need to build new houses, the countryside should be protected from any such constructions. In my opinion, homes are necessary and with a little bit of planning, we can construct them in the countryside without causing much damage to it.
On the one hand, with the growing population, the demand for new residences is rising. The cities are becoming over-crowded and there is always a limit to exploiting the space in the city for construction. People in cities also need to have some free space that includes parks, gardens and orchards. Thus, it is not advisable to keep on building new homes in the city. Additionally, it will increase the pollution level in the city and affect the health of residents.
Building homes in the uncultivated areas of the countryside is a solution to this problem. This area is lying unused and if it can be converted into residential space, it will ensure a fair distribution of population and will help in reducing the traffic congestion and pollution in the cities. Of course, there is some truth in the argument that countryside should be protected. However, in mu opinion, addressing the need for housing is an even bigger concern and it cannot be neglected. Hence, rather than imposing a carpet ban on all the construction activity in the rural area, the government and environmental activists should come up with a solution to build new homes without causing much damage to the serenity of villages.
To conclude, in my opinion a diligent construction plan for new homes keeping in mind the preservation of environment in the countryside will be a win-win situation. It will not only cater to the increased demand for new houses but also preserve the beauty and purity of the countryside.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- New Homes Are Needed But The Only Space Available Is In The Countryside | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Places, New Homes Are Needed But The Only Space Available For Building Them Is In The Countryside | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That New Homes Should Be Built In The Countryside | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Believe That The Countryside Should Not Be Used For Building New Homes
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Countryside Should Be Used For Building Homes
- IELTS essay: Should people be allowed to build homes of whatever design and size they prefer
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that new houses should be built in the same style as the older houses in the local area
- To solve traffic and transportation problems, people should be encouraged to live in cities | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries, Most People Prefer To Rent Homes Rather Than Buy Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Should New Homes Be Built In The Existing Cities Or Should New Towns Be Built For This Purpose | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample