In Many Countries, Women No Longer Feel The Need To Get Married | To What Extent Do You Agree IELTS Essay Sample
In many countries, women no longer feel the need to get married. Some people believe that this is because women are able to earn their own income and therefore do not require the financial security that marriage can bring. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In some countries, it is now common for women to remain unmarried. According to some people, this is because women are now financially independent. I completely agree with this observation.
Since ancient times, when gender disparity was very prevalent in society, marriage was a means to provide financial security to women. Women were considered the weaker sex and was supposed to only take care of the regular household chores. They were dependent on their male counterpart to provide them security. They were considered physically unfit to contribute to laborious tasks necessary to earn income at that time. It was, therefore, the responsibility of parents to find their daughters a good match who would be capable of taking care of them throughout their lives.
However, with liberalization and economic development, education has played a pivotal role in reducing the gender disparity. A major percentage of women in developed countries are now educated and contribute equally to the economy as men. Women are now able to support themselves without relying on anyone. Such financial freedom has helped women to take care of themselves and they no longer need men’s support to feed / to take care of themselves. Consequently, the need to get married for financial security has reduced substantially. Instead, women now look for companionship in a relationship and those who cannot find it may choose to be single.
In short, having financial security used to be a major trigger for women to get married earlier. Owing to economic development and reduced gender disparity, women have now attained such financial independence on their own and they no longer feel the need to get married because of this reason.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- People Should Be Encouraged To Get Married Before They Are 30 | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries Today, Parents Are Able To Send Their Children To Single Sex School Or Co-educational Schools | Agree Or Disagree IELTS Essay Sample
- There Is An Increasing Trend Around The World Of Married Couples Deciding Not To Have Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, Women Are Allowed To Take Maternity Break From Their Jobs | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Sometimes Said That People Should Be Encouraged To Get Married Before They Turn 30 | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Certain jobs are more suitable for men than women
- Should The Government Reserve A Certain Percentage Of High Level Jobs To Women? | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Is An Increasing Point Of Old People Living Longer In Many Countries
- Nowadays People Get Married And Have Children After The Age Of 30 | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Both Men And Women Spend Much Money On Beauty Care | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample