In Many Countries Today, Novels and TV Crime Dramas Are Becoming More And More Popular | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
In many countries today, novels and TV crime dramas are becoming more and more popular. Why do you think this books and TV shows are popular? What is your opinion of crime fiction and TV crime dramas?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In recent years crime thriller stories have gained popularity in many countries. This is because of their plots full of suspense. In my opinion, although crime dramas are interesting, they may have adverse effect on the character formation of some of the people especially the youth / youngsters / teenagers as they imitate the criminal acts they see on the big screen or read in the books.
There are a number of reasons behind the popularity of crime shows / these shows. First of all, the suspense in the plot compels the audience to watch these types of dramas. In crime fiction there are numerous twists and the real culprit is usually revealed only at the end of the story. Often in some dramas the suspected person may not be the real villain. Moreover, some of the dramas portray real life incidents. As these series are inspired by real life incidents people are naturally curious to know how the crime was committed by the offender. Furthermore, the brilliant story telling technique plays a major role in the popularity of crime stories. The twists and turns intrigue people and make them want to watch or read till the end.
However, despite these factors I believe that crime novels and serials have deplorable impact on some people especially youngsters as they may commit similar crimes. In addition, these shows give potential criminals more ideas about how to execute a crime. During interrogations some criminals have admitted that they plotted the crime after watching crime thrillers. Moreover, people who watch these shows regularly may assume that crime is normal.
In conclusion, crime novels and T.V dramas are popular as they have suspenseful storylines and interesting ways of narrating the story. Sometimes, incidents are taken from real world to arouse public interest. However, I believe that watching those stuff will have negative impact on some people as they may show a tendency to imitate the criminal acts they see on TV.
- In Many Countries Today, Crime Novels And TV Crime Dramas Are Becoming More And More Popular | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, Crime Novels And TV Crime Are Becoming More And More Popular | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries Today Crime Novels And TV Crime Are Becoming More And More Popular | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People In Today’s Society Enjoy Watching Movies Or TV Programs About Crime | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries, The Amount of Crime Is Increasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, The Amount Of Crime Is Increasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Cricket Has Become More Popular Than The National Sports In The Sub Continental Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, The Level of Crime Is Increasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries The Amount Of Crime Is Increasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Levels Of Youth Crime Are Increasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample