In Many Countries, Paying For Things Using Mobile Phone Apps Is Becoming Increasingly Common | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In many countries, paying for things using mobile phone (cell phone) apps is becoming increasingly common. Does this development have more advantages or disadvantages?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In today’s contemporary era, mobile phones have gained popularity when it comes to shopping online. Many people prefer to pay for online shopping using different applications on mobile phones. Although these methods of payment may pose some security concerns like data theft, I believe the merits of convenience significantly overshadow the demerits if the security concerns are addressed.
To begin with, the worst drawback of paying through mobile applications is security. The databases of these payment applications are always undoubtedly secure and monitored. However, hackers worldwide wait for an opportunity to hack and steal all the crucial information. Hence, it is essential / crucial to protect credit card details from hackers unless people add a prepaid debit card to these applications, which can be recharged with the required amount before shopping. Another downside of using these applications is that there is always the danger of your device getting lost or stolen. If your phone is not password protected, anyone who has access to it can wipe the entire money in your mobile payment app.
Nevertheless, the main advantage of using payment applications on phones is convenience. One does not have to remember the account details or credit card number once they have saved it on the applications. Moreover, individuals can shop at any time without keeping their credit card details handy. Many online shopping applications, for instance, accept Apple Pay or Samsung Pay, which makes the shopping experience hassle-free. Also, shoppers can purchase products they desire while traveling on public transport or sitting at home. Therefore, these applications have revolutionised the way one shops, making the entire experience magnificent.
In conclusion, despite the fact that making payment via mobile payment applications has daunting downsides, I believe that the convenience offered by them makes them an attractive payment option. Thus, these applications have made shopper’s life much easier than in the past.
Want to improve your English Grammar? Get my book and avoid making the common mistakes that IELTS test takers usually make.
- In Many Countries, Paying For Things Using Mobile Phone Apps Is Becoming Increasingly Common | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, Paying For Things Using Mobile Apps Is Becoming Increasingly Common | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, Paying For Things Using Mobile Phones Is Becoming Increasingly Common | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, Paying For Things Using Mobile Phones Is Becoming Increasingly Common | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, Paying For Things Using Mobile Apps Is Becoming Common | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Having A Conversation On A Mobile Phone In A Public Or Crowded Place Should Be Banned | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Mobile phones should be banned in public places
- Are mobile phones a necessity for young children?
- There Are Social, Medical And Technical Problems Associated With The Use Of Mobile Phones | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Recently Had A Meal In A Restaurant And Left Your Mobile Phone There | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample