In Many Countries, It Is Now Illegal To Smoke In Public Places | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In many countries, it is now illegal to smoke in public places. It is only fair that people who wish to smoke should have to leave the building. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The habit of smoking is rising these days. It has adverse effects not only on the health of active smokers but also on passive smokers. Owing to this, many governments have banned smoking in public areas and people have to go to designated areas to smoke. In my opinion, this is a good practice because it will prevent / stop people from smoking to some extent and also it will save others from the evils of passive smoking. The following paragraphs will provide an in-depth insight into the topic.
Smoking could be a choice for many people but the others who are around them also have to face hazardous health consequences when they inhale the smoke unknowingly. For instance, a study has shown that 60% of the passive smokers, who stay around the active smokers, suffer from severe diseases such as lung cancer and respiratory issues. Therefore, by restricting people from smoking at public places, other people will get benefited. Another point to consider is that when smoking is prohibited in public areas, people will feel embarrassed and this feeling of guilt will work as a deterrent.
Moreover, it would be inconvenient for them to step out of their houses or offices every time they feel like smoking. Although smoking is a hard habit to break this ban on public speaking will certainly force them to reduce smoking.
To conclude, smokers are aware of the disastrous consequences of smoking and in spite of this they smoke. Hence, the government has banned smoking in public places. This approach will certainly benefit passive smokers and will discourage smokers from smoking to some extent.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Band 9 essay sample: All governments should ban smoking in public places
- Band 8 essay sample | Mobile phones should be banned in public places
- Band 9 essay sample: Should mobiles be banned in public places?
- In Many Places, New Homes Are Needed But The Only Space Available For Building Them Is In The Countryside | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | People are not feeling safe at home or in public places
- Some People Have The Opinion That Big Shopping Malls Are Expensive Places As They Charge Higher Prices For Products | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay about people not feeling safe at home or in public places
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Number Of Sports Facilities Will Improve Public Health
- There Is An Increase Of Noise In Our Daily Lives Nowadays | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems, Governments Should Tax Private Car Owners Heavily And Use The Money To Improve Public Transportation | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample