If You Sell A Product And People Buy It, There Is No Need To Advertise It | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
If you sell a product and people buy it, then advertising it is not necessary and considered as a kind of entertainment. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me or buy my book with proven tips to improve your grammar and writing.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Marketing and advertising have always been an integral part of the sales process. However, many people believe that advertising is pointless if the product is already selling well. I do not agree with this viewpoint as advertisements offer many other benefits to the manufacturers.
To begin with, it is undeniable that advertising increases profits as it plays a major role in convincing people to buy the advertised product by giving the feeling that life with it can be happier and more comfortable. For example, studies have shown that even if a particular product is widely consumed, using adverts will spur more people to make the purchase, which of course ensure the success of the business. In addition to that, adverts are essential to illustrate the benefits of the product and explain how it functions.
On the other hand, advertising encourages loyalty among customers and increase their trust in the company. This would restrict any competition from other manufacturers who wish to produce similar products. For instance, the engaging and continuous advertising of Pepsi cola has made it the dominating soft drink brand despite the fact that several other companies are trying to make a name in this industry. Thus the role of advertising extends beyond providing entertainment. It builds brand value and recognition.
In conclusion, after analysing the previous points, it is clear that promoting products is vital as many positive merits are drawn from this practice. Therefore, it is recommended that all companies launch advertising campaigns that allow their products to reach the widest possible market.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Many Famous Athletes Advertise Different Products | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say Supermarkets Have The Responsibility To Reduce The Amount Of Packaging For Products They Sell | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS speaking part 2: Describe a product you recently bought
- Price Is The Most Important Thing To Consider When Buying A Product Or Service | IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Consider Price As The Most Important Thing When Buying A Product Or Service | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Ads encourage people to buy things they don’t want
- Some Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Sale Of Popular Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Some people believe that advertisements targeting children have negative effect on them
- IELTS essay sample: Should consumers avoid over packaged products?