IELTS Writing task 1 in Dubai – letter
Write a letter to your college’s administration department complaining about the college’s facilities.
In your letter include:
What the problem is
How this problem has affected you
What the college should do to fix this problem
This question was asked on an IELTS test held in Dubai in March 2012.
I am a third year computer science student and I am writing to complain about the inadequate facilities available at our laboratory. There are 60 students in our batch, but only 20 computers are available in the lab. As a result of this, each computer is shared by three students which severely limit our access to the machine.
As you probably know, computer science is more about gaining practice than about learning theory. Unfortunately, this shortage of computers seriously limits our chances of getting good practical knowledge. Library facilities, too, are inadequate. Computer science text books become obsolete in a matter of months because the technology is developing at such a fast pace. Although the library has a fair number of computer books, they are not up-to-date. Needless to say, we are forced to buy these costly text books on our own.
On behalf of my batch mates, I am requesting you to buy more computers and latest edition textbooks for the lab and the library.
I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your consideration.
- You Have A Full Time Job. You Are Also Pursuing A Part Time Evening Course | IELTS Writing Task 1 Letter
- IELTS writing task 1 (letter)
- IELTS writing test in India – letter
- CO2 Emission Per Passenger Kilometer For Different Forms Of Transport | IELTS writing task 1 (report writing)
- IELTS Writing: Sample Letter
- You Want To Read A Book That You Cannot Find In The Book Store In Your Area | Task 1 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS test in the UK – January 2012 (Academic module)
- IELTS writing task 2: Do you think that training is necessary to be a good teacher?
- IELTS writing tips: sentence connectors
- IELTS Sample Letter 3