IELTS Speaking: How To Prepare For The Interview?
The IELTS speaking test consists of three parts. The first part is an interview. It lasts about four to five minutes.
During the speaking test, the examiner will introduce himself/herself and then ask questions about familiar topics. The first few questions in the speaking test could be about your home, work or studies. The remaining questions could be about some other general topics. Note that each candidate will be asked questions from three general topics.
Sample speaking test questions
Questions about home
1. What type of house do you live in?
2. Is there anything that you don’t like about your house / flat?
3. What is the best thing about your house/flat?
4. What do you like about living there?
5. What types of accommodation are most common in your country?
6. Where would you like to live – in a house or a flat?
7. Is there anything that you want to change about your house/flat?
Questions about family
1. Have you got any brothers or sisters?
2. What about your parents – are they working?
3. Do you live with your parents?
4. Are you married?
5. Have you got children?
6. Do you live in a joint family?
7. Would you like to live in a big family?
8. Do you like to spend time with your family?
9. Now can you tell me something about your family?
You can find job-related speaking questions here.
Questions about animals
1. Do you like animals?
2. Are there many different kinds of animals in your country?
3. Do you have a pet animal?
4. Would you like to have a pet animal or a bird?
5. How are animals treated in your country?
6. Do you think that people should do more to protect animals?
7. Do animals have any special significance in your life?
[…] Part 1 (Interview) […]