IELTS speaking and writing tests in Perth, Australia
The following questions were asked in an IELTS speaking and writing test held in Perth in Australia in November 2012. Source: IELTS Blog
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter in response to a local newspaper advertisement asking people to help with an environmental protection project. In your letter you have to say:
- Why you are interested
- What you can do
- When you can start
You can find a sample letter response for this task here.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that public celebrations like national days and festivals are a waste of time. They are of the opinion that people should spend money on more important things. Do you agree or disagree? Support your arguments with examples from your own experience.
- Do you like flowers?
- Where should people plant flowers – indoors or outdoors?
- Do you give flowers to people?
- What are your favourite flowers?
- Why do people like flowers?
- Which flower did you like the most when you were a child?
Talk about a pleasant experience in your childhood. Please say:
- What the experience was
- When it happened
- Why you still remember it
- Do you believe that being a parent is now easier than it was in the past?
- Should parents be stricter?
- Why do smells and places remind people of past events?
- IELTS writing and speaking test in Australia – General training
- IELTS Speaking Test in Australia
- IELTS test in Australia – January 2012 (general training)
- IELTS test in Australia – January 2012 (academic module)
- IELTS test in Australia
- IELTS test in Malaysia, Australia and Vietnam
- IELTS writing and speaking test in the UK – January 2012 (academic module)
- IELTS speaking and writing test in Sudan – March 2012
- IELTS Writing: Sample Letter
- IELTS test in Australia and Malaysia – January 2012 (Academic module)