IELTS letter sample: Complaint letter about problems with internet connectivity
WRITING TASK 1
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
People in your area are having problems with their internet connection. Write a letter to the company which provides the connection. In your letter
- describe the problem
- explain how this problem affects people
- say what the company should do to help
Begin your letter with Dear Sir or Madam. Write at least 150 words.
Dear Sir or Madam:
I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the internet connection provided by your company in my area.
In your brochure you had mentioned that your company uses technology that guarantees uninterrupted internet connection. However, this does not seem to be true.
Many people – including me – have been facing poor connectivity problems for a few weeks. Sometimes we can’t connect to the internet. At other times, the connection is ridiculously slow.
As you know, a lot of people now work from their homes. They need a stable internet connection to maintain their productivity. Because of poor connectivity, they can’t send finished assignments to their clients on time. This affects their credibility as a freelancer. Frequent disconnections also affect people who do video conferencing online. If they get disconnected frequently, it affects their work.
I would like you to send a team of trained technicians as soon as possible to resolve this issue. If you don’t, we cannot help but switch to another service provider.
Expecting a prompt resolution,
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A complaint letter
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Problems with public transport
- Band 8 letter sample: Complaint letter
- IELTS letter: Complaint letter sample
- IELTS sample letters: complaint letter (from business to business)
- IELTS Sample Letter 3
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments provide free internet?
- IELTS writing test in India – letter
- IELTS sample essay: should internet be regulated?
- IELTS Sample Letter 7