IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter to an Overseas Friend
You recently made a friend overseas. Write him/her a letter inviting to your home for a party. In your letter, say:
- When the party will be held
- What kind of party it is
- How she/he can get to your home.
This is Colin. Do you remember me? We met last month at a club in London when I was holidaying there. I know you are in Korea right now and that is the reason I am writing this letter. My birthday is on the 29th of July and I am holding a party at my place at 7 pm. It would be my pleasure if you can come and spend the evening with me and my family.
You can get to my home easily. The only thing you need to do is to catch the bus number 33 heading to East Jinhea and press the ball when you see the City library. The bus will stop where you need to get off. Once you get there, please give me a call. I will pick you up. The bus stop is just 3 minutes away from my place.
The party is going to be an intimate affair. I have invited several friends of mine so you will get a lot of opportunities to make new friends in Korea. Most of them are fluent in English, so you will have no difficulty talking to them. They are also very easy going. I am sure you will like them.
I am looking forward to seeing you at my party.
- Band 8 letter sample | An apology letter to a neighbour
- Letter topic found in India: Letter to friend asking her to babysit your kids
- Band 9 letter sample | Letter to a friend
- Band 9 letter sample: A letter giving directions to reach your home
- IELTS letter sample | Write a letter to a friend expressing your gratitude for helping you find accommodation
- IELTS speaking test in India (September 2011)
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- IELTS Sample Letter: Letter to a librarian
- IELTS letter sample | Letter to a friend