IELTS Essay: Technological innovations have affected our lives. Do you agree or disagree?
The following essay topic was seen in an IELTS writing test recently held in Australia.
Technological innovations have affected our lives. Do you agree or disagree?
There is no denying the fact that technological innovations have affected our lives in many ways. While some innovations have made our lives better, others have provoked many people to debate whether technology is essentially good.
Technology has made lives easier and more comfortable. Thanks to advanced transport facilities we can now travel to any part of the world. This was not possible some hundred years ago. Inventions like telephone and computers have significantly improved our lives. Thanks to internet and mobile phones we can now communicate with people from all over the world.
Of course, every coin has two sides. It is wrong to even assume that every scientific breakthrough and technological invention is good for us. Some of them have affected our lives negatively. Take, for instance, the case of environmental pollution. Pollution is very much a by-product of technology. It has led to the extinction of many species. It causes many diseases in human beings. A large number of us now lead a sedentary life style because there is a gadget for just about every job and situation. Pollution and lack of physical activity have now become quite a health issue in many developed countries. While social networking sites allow you to connect with people from all over the world, they do not necessarily build relationships. In fact, studies have proved that people now spend less time interacting with friends and family on a one-on-one basis. Worse still, the misuse of internet and camera phones have become an alarming issue in modern society.
After analyzing the situation, it is not hard to see that technology does have some negative effects. However, it doesn’t mean that all technological innovations are bad for society. In fact, many inventions have done a great deal of good to mankind. Technology is essentially a multi-purpose tool. It is our duty to use it for the betterment of our lives. If we misuse it, the problem is with us.
- IELTS sample essay: Modern technology has made our lives more complicated
- IELTS Essay: There is an increase in violence in society because police officers carry guns. Do you agree or disagree
- Some People Think That Schools Are Merely Turning Children Into Good Citizens And Workers, Rather Than Benefitting Them As Individuals | Agree Or Disagree IELTS Essay Sample
- Of Late There Has Been A Steady Increase In The Number Of Teenagers Having Social Problems | Agree Or Disagree IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people believe that giving a weekly allowance will help children to develop good spending habits. Do you agree or disagree?
- IELTS essay writing task: Are politicians more influential than scientists?
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments provide free internet?
- IELTS sample essay: Are artists more popular than scientists?
- IELTS essay: People should choose a job they love. Do you agree?