IELTS essay sample: Television is good for us. Do you agree or disagree?
IELTS essay topic
Some people believe that watching TV is good and makes life more enjoyable; others, however, think it is a waste of time. Do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion.
There is no denying the fact that television makes our lives more enjoyable. Everyone likes to sit in front of their television sets. This, however, does not mean that all that time spent watching TV is good for us. In my opinion, watching TV is good provided that we choose the programs wisely.
Television provides both education and entertainment. There are several informative programs and channels. There are also a large number of channels that only provide mindless entertainment. If we want to benefit from television, we need to choose the programs wisely. There are plenty of informative programs that also provide a reasonable amount of entertainment. For example, the channels Discovery and Animal Planet provide entertainment as well as information. We can learn a lot of things by just watching these channels. Likewise, news channels keep us informed of national and international events. But if we spend the whole day watching the reruns of mega serials, we aren’t going to be any wiser.
For most people, television is merely a tool for obtaining entertainment. They aren’t looking for information. They just want to kill time and that isn’t such a bad thing. There is no harm in using the television as an entertainment tool. We only need to limit the time spent in front of the idiot box. If we set aside enough time for other more important activities like work or studies, television will have no negative impact on us.
To conclude, I neither agree nor disagree with the argument that watching television is good for us. It depends on what we watch and how much we watch. If we limit our screen time and choose the programs and channels wisely, television will be good for us.
- IELTS essay sample: Television’s role in education
- IELTS Essay: While some people like to a live sporting event, others prefer to watch it on television
- Some people believe that giving a weekly allowance will help children to develop good spending habits. Do you agree or disagree?
- IELTS Essay: Technological innovations have affected our lives. Do you agree or disagree?
- IELTS essay: Is television a better source of information than traveling?
- Of Late There Has Been A Steady Increase In The Number Of Teenagers Having Social Problems | Agree Or Disagree IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: There is an increase in violence in society because police officers carry guns. Do you agree or disagree
- How to address ‘do you agree or disagree’ type essays
- Some People Think That Schools Are Merely Turning Children Into Good Citizens And Workers, Rather Than Benefitting Them As Individuals | Agree Or Disagree IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Some people believe that animals should not be used for profit. Do you agree or disagree