IELTS essay sample | Money management should be taught at school
Some people say that all secondary and higher secondary school students should be taught how to manage money as it is an important life skill. DO you agree or disagree with this argument?
Band 9 sample essay
Everyone has to learn to manage their finances. Children are no different. Therefore I agree with the argument that money management skills should be taught in secondary and higher secondary schools. This practice will prepare young people for their future.
Since we need money to buy essential items and to lead a comfortable life, money management skills are crucial for our overall well-being and happiness. There are several benefits to teaching money management at school. A lot of children, especially those coming from rich families, receive generous amounts of pocket money. Many of them waste this money on unnecessary things because they don’t understand or appreciate the value of money. If money management is part of the curriculum, they will learn to use it judiciously. This learning will stand them in good stead throughout their life.
Also, after school, many children leave their home and move to far away cities to pursue higher education. Unless they know how to spend their money, they will soon run out of funds and put them and their families in trouble. If they learned money management at school this wouldn’t happen.
There is no right or wrong time to learn a skill; even so, the sooner we start the better. Today’s children are tomorrow’s adults. If they learn essential life skills today, it will benefit them and their country now and in the future. Last but not least, money management lessons may also improve the arithmetical skills of the children.
In summary, developing the foundation is crucial for any learning and having money management as a subject in schools will definitely prepare young people for their future.
- IELTS Band 7.5 Essay Samples: Money Management Skills Should Be Taught At Schools
- Band 8 IELTS essay sample: children should be taught the importance of money
- IELTS essay sample: Should sports be taught at school?
- Band 7.5 essay about children spending money instead of saving it
- Band 7 essay sample about compulsory community service for high school students
- Band 9 essay sample: Should subjects like mathematics and philosophy be optional at school?
- Band 8 essay sample | Boys and girls should be taught in separate schools
- IELTS essay: Should children attend nursery schools prior to their primary studies?
- Band 8 essay sample | School is the place to learn social values
- IELTS essay | Anyone can be taught to become a musician or athlete