IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health
Some people say that the best way to improve public health is to increase the number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are also required.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Sample IELTS essay
Sports and games play an important role in our lives. They keep us mentally and physically fit. Some people, therefore, feel that building more sports facilities is the most effective way to improve public health. While I agree with this argument to a certain extent, in my opinion, other measures are also required.
Most people enjoy playing sports and games. Sports are essentially a leisure time activity for us. If we have access to good sports facilities, we will readily use them. Playing a sport has several health benefits. It keeps us fit, alert and agile. Unfortunately, there are not many sports facilities in our towns or cities. As a result, few people can take advantage of them even if they want to. Building more sports facilities, therefore, is the easiest way to ensure that more people can play sports and games.
However, this does not mean that building more playgrounds or sports clubs is all that the government needs to do to improve public health. Actually, a lot of factors affect public health. In order to be healthy, we should adopt healthy eating habits. In addition, we should have access to health care facilities. The quality of our surroundings is another factor that affects our health. Pollution is a major problem in many of our cities. If it goes unchecked, public health will not improve even if we build numerous sports clubs.
To conclude, building more sports facilities is just one of the many things that the government needs to do to improve public health. It is also important to control pollution and make health care facilities accessible to everyone.
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people
- IELTS essay sample: Should sports be taught at school?
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports is a waste of time
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Should governments spend money for training sports people?
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Health problems caused by obesity and possible solutions
- Band 9 essay sample | Watching TV does not improve the intellectual skills of children
- IELTS essay about youngsters and adventurous sports
- Band 9 essay sample: Children should spend more time outdoor playing games
- IELTS Essay: Kids today are not as fit as they were in the past