Nowadays Better Communication Technologies Are Available And Hence People Can Communicate In Numerous Ways | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays better communication technologies are available and hence people can communicate in numerous ways. Is it a positive or negative development? Give your opinion.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Thanks to the advent of the internet and cellphones, we can now communicate in faster and better ways. In my opinion, this is largely a positive development. However, there are some negative aspects as well.
Modern communication technology has made our lives easier and faster. The ability to instantly communicate with our friends, relatives and business partners living in the same or different parts of the world has changed our lives for good. Cellphones allow parents to know the whereabouts of their children no matter where they are in the world. Online chats allow consumers to connect with businesses and get solutions to their problems. And with video chats businesses can communicate with their partners and clients in other countries without having to travel to those places. This arrangement saves money as well as time. Technologies like VoIP have made online communication cheaper. And if one mode of communication fails, we can always resort to the other. Better communication technology also helps people and governments to better prepare themselves for emergencies.
On the flip side, improved communication technologies have also made our lives more complicated. Worse, they have led to greater isolation. Nowadays technology allows people to access every service they need without having to step outside. As a result, in many countries, especially in the west a growing number of people show a tendency to avoid face to face interactions with others. Unfortunately, this leads to isolation and can even cause psychological problems like depression.
Man is a social being and finds pleasure in the company of fellow social beings. Interestingly, many people now only connect with their online friends. They don’t even know who lives next doors. It is surprising that modern technology that allows us to communicate with others has also made face to face interactions a thing of past.
To conclude, better communication technology has definitely enriched our lives in many ways. There are some negative aspects to this, but in my opinion, the advantages outweigh disadvantages.
- Band 9 essay sample: Social media addiction
- IELTS Essay: Technological innovations have affected our lives. Do you agree or disagree?
- IELTS sample essay: Modern technology has made our lives more complicated
- Band 9 essay sample | Printed books and magazines have lost their importance
- Band 9 essay sample: Online learning is better than classroom learning. Do you agree?
- Different ways of writing a sentence
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: The increasing use of computers and smartphones have affected people’s writing skills
- How to express the same idea in different ways
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- IELTS test in Brunei – February 2012 (Academic module)