IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Problems with public transport
IELTS Letter task
There have been some problems with public transport in your area recently. Write a letter to the manager of the public transport company. In your letter:
- Describe the problems
- Explain how these problems are affecting the public
- Suggest what changes could be made.
Sample Band 8 IELTS letter
Dear Sir or Madam,
My name is Ahmed Al-Marwani, and I am a regular user of your services. I am writing to bring to your attention two critical issues inflicted upon your costumers.
First, there have been reoccurring delays by your services recently. This is a pressing issue for the public as time is a precious commodity. Also, I would like to point out that the 8:30 bus, which passes by “Orange County” is always prohibitively crowded by people trying to get to work on time. In fact, last week alone, I had to skip it twice; although I arrived at the bus stop by 8:15. This predicament leaves your costumers in a dilemma – to either take the crowded bus and arrive in a miserable condition; or wait for the next bus and arrive late!
I suggest that you update your timetable to one that you can actually meet, and to provide extra buses to accommodate the rush-hour myriad of people.
Thank you for your consideration.
- IELTS Sample Letter: Letter to a librarian
- IELTS essay: The usage of private cars is increasing. What are the problems associated with this?
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date
- Band 8 letter sample | Leave of absence letter
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate
- IELTS writing test in India – letter
- Band 8 Essay: Public libraries are no longer required because of the internet
- IELTS model letter