IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A complaint letter
You recently bought a piece of equipment for your kitchen but it did not work. You phoned the shop but no action was taken. Write a letter to the shop manager.
In your letter,
- describe the problem with the equipment
- explain what happened when you phoned the shop
- say what you would like the manager to do
Begin your letter with Dear Sir or Madam
Dear Sir or Madam:
I am writing to complain about the Magic Bullet mixer grinder I bought from your store. I placed the order online on June 15, 2015 and received the shipment 3 days later.
The appliance seemed to be in good condition when it was delivered to home. However, when I switched on the grinder, the blender did not work. I tried to fix the problem with the help of the instruction manual, but my efforts did not resolve the issue. I rang up the customer support number and the local service center number, but no one answered the phone. I have been trying to reach the customer support for the past 4 days with no success.
The product has one year warranty on the motor and one month replacement guarantee for any manufacturing defects. I am enclosing the photocopies of the bill and the warranty card along with this letter. Please arrange for a replacement of this product at the earliest or a full refund.
I would also like to suggest that your company should work on providing better customer support. I am totally dissatisfied with the way your support staff treat your customers.
Expecting prompt action
- Band 8 letter sample: Complaint letter
- IELTS letter: Complaint letter sample
- IELTS sample letters: complaint letter (from business to business)
- IELTS sample letter
- Band 8 letter sample | Leave of absence letter
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Problems with public transport
- IELTS Writing task 1 – letter
- IELTS Sample Letter
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate
- IELTS Sample Letter 3