Having A Set Retirement Age For All Is Not Fair | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that having a set retirement age for everybody, regardless of occupation, is unfair. They believe that certain workers deserve to retire and receive a pension at an earlier age. Do you agree or disagree? Which types of workers do you think should benefit from early retirement?
Here is a band 9 essay on this topic. Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
People often debate what the appropriate retirement age is. According to some, having a standard retirement age for all professionals is not fair. I agree with this view. In my opinion, people working in industries that demand higher levels of endurance and agility should be given early retirement.
The idea of a standard retirement age for all professionals is certainly flawed. This is because different jobs have different requirements. For example, people working in military and police department need higher levels of physical fitness and mental agility. Since fitness levels decrease with age, they need early retirement. Pilots, drivers and motormen should also be given early retirement because of the demands of their job. They have to stay focused for hours on end. Since attention spans tend to decrease as people age, they cannot be allowed to work into their 60’s. Likewise, people working in the construction and mining sectors also need early retirement. These jobs pose a lot of health hazards and as such people performing them should be given early retirement.
On the other hand, there are certain jobs where experience matters more than anything else. For example, age is not a barrier for teaching. Because of this reason, teachers should be allowed to work as long as they want. Nurses and other health care providers should also be allowed to work if they can.
To conclude, a standard retirement age for all workers is not a wise idea and people working in industries that demand higher levels of physical and mental fitness should be given early retirement. In my opinion, before setting the retirement age for various industries, authorities should consider the specific nature of the job and the hazards posed by it.
- Band 9 Essay Sample About Early Retirement
- Band 8.5 Essay Sample About Fixed Retirement Age
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample About Fixed Retirement Age For All
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Unfair To Have A Fixed Retired Age For All Professionals
- IELTS essay: Should retirement age be increased?
- Having A Set Retirement Age For All Employees Is Unfair | Band 8 IELTS Essay Samples
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | As People Live Longer The Retirement Age Should Be Increased
- IELTS writing test in India: Should people plan for their retirement?
- Some people argue higher taxes should be collected from industries causing higher industrial pollution | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Changing jobs frequently is bad