Governments Should Spend Money On Railways Rather Than Roads | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.Do you have difficulty writing a to what extent do you agree or disagree essay? Watch our Youtube video to learn about the correct structure of this type of IELTS essays.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, the authorities should invest in trains instead of roadways. I do not quite agree with this view. In my opinion, roads are as important as railways and hence the government should allocate appropriate funding for both.
There are certainly ample reasons to spend taxpayer’s money on railways. Trains can carry more people. Also, they are eco-friendly. Unlike cars or buses they do not emit poisonous gases which pollute the air. Another advantage of using trains is that they do not get stuck in traffic. People can reach their destinations on time. Trains also tend to be faster and safer. Better still, in most countries around the world, train fares are considerably lower than bus fares or taxi fares.
On the flip side, roads are equally important. The construction of railways is not possible in certain geographical areas and in such places roads are the only mode of transport for people. Also, rail networks cannot reach every nook and corner of a country. Actually, most people use both roads and railways to commute to college or work. For example, they may take the bus or car to reach the railway station and from there they may take the train to reach their office. If there are no roads or if the existing roads are in a pathetic condition, people will have trouble reaching their destinations.
In conclusion, roadways and railways are both essential for making travelling hassle free for people. Hence, I do not agree with the argument that the government should invest more on railways. Rather, it should give equal importance to both modes of transport.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems
- Some People Think That City Governments Should Spend More Money To Promote Bicycle Use | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe Government Should Spend Money On Building Train And Subway Lines | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Best Way To Solve The Traffic Congestion In City Is To Provide Free Public Transport For 24 Hours A Day | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Government Should Improve Existing Public Transport Instead Of Investing In Super Fast Trains
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Should governments spend money for training sports people?
- Should Governments Spend Public Money On Saving Languages | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Governments Should No Spend Money On International Aid When They Have Their Own Disadvantaged People
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems, Governments Should Tax Private Car Owners Heavily And Use The Money To Improve Public Transportation | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Should Government Spend Money On Arts When They Have So Many Other Important Issues | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample