Governments Prohibit Underage Children From Getting Full Time Jobs In Certain Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Governments prohibit underage children from getting full time jobs in certain countries. Is it a good thing or bad?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Full-time employment, in numerous nations, is forbidden by the regime especially for children under a specific age. Considering it to be a positive approach, I assert that it is essential for the betterment of not only adolescents but also the future of the economy.
Poverty is the prime reason encouraging child labour. Poor and illiterate people commonly consider more offspring as potential earners and keep on adding to the problem of overpopulation which results in a vicious circle of non-development of the overall financial system of the country. A normal young person is supposed to have good education along with a fun-filled childhood; however, in order to generate income for the family members, they get involved in extensive labour which deprives them of their basic human rights.
Moreover, due to unawareness, most of the times, such children are employed in several risky jobs which adults refuse to perform. For example, mostly young kids are employed in firework factories as they are unaware of the health hazards caused by the chemicals used for making cracker. Resultantly, they suffer from various illnesses, both mental and physical, like asthma, TB, cancer etcetera. Additionally, several employers try to exploit young workers by paying them less than what they would pay adults. Hence, it is beneficial to prohibit children from full-time employment.
To conclude, I reiterate that it is beneficial / advantageous to have stringent laws against child labour as it hampers the proper growth of future nation-builders. Banning child labour improves the prospect of children receiving at least basic education and decent nutrition.
- In Many Countries, The Government Prohibits Underage Children From Getting Full-Time Jobs
- In Many Countries, The Government Prohibits Underage Children From Getting Full-Time Jobs | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample: Summer jobs
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In many countries, children are engaged in some kind of labour. Some people regard this completely wrong while others consider it valuable and important for learning and enabling them to be responsible
- Men And Women Employed In Full-Time Jobs Should Share The Responsibilities of Household Chores | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, Children Are Engaged In Some Kind Of Paid Work | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Part Time Jobs For Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Seniors and youngsters are competing for the same jobs
- IELTS about the growing popularity of part time jobs
- In Some Countries Children Begin Formal School At 4 Years Old | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample