Genetic Engineering Is An Important Issue In Society Today | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Genetic engineering is an important issue in society today. Some people think that it will improve people’s lives in many ways. Others feel that it may be a threat to life on earth. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In this contemporary world, many scientific fields have evolved over the years and one of them is genetic engineering. Some believe that it is a threat to human life. This essay will cover both sides of this argument before deducing a conclusion.
There are a significant number of benefits to genetic engineering that certainly enhances human life. Mainly, the first and foremost benefit is the medical or health support harvested from this field. To explain, it has made a breakthrough in medical field by growing human organs that could be potentially used for organ transplant. For example, BBC in a recent medical documentary mentioned European hospitals are seeing an increasing demand for organs and may legalise the practice of using genetically grown organs for transplant by year 2025. Furthermore, genetic engineering is helping the field of agriculture in producing modified seeds for farming. Genetically modified seeds are resilient to drastic climate changes and thus they play an important role in meeting the world’s food demand.
Despite the benefits, there is a concern regarding genetic modification which cannot be ignored. The main concern of some people is that such unnatural modification will create several problems for humanity. However useful the genetic modification is, it could create ecological imbalance creating species of dangerous kind that could be a threat to all life on earth. For example, it is widely believed that the corona virus was laboratory made and it caused thousands of deaths all over the world.
In conclusion, after discussing the benefits and the impact of genetic engineering, it is logical to conclude that the benefits overshadow the impact. It is evident that the advantages of genetic engineering are immense while the threats can be well manged if strict measures are in place.
Is bad grammar hurting your IELTS writing score? Buy my book with proven writing tips to improve your English grammar.
- Genetic Engineering Is A Dangerous Trend | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That GM Foods Can Solve Food Scarcity | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- One Of The Most Important Issues Facing The World Today Is The Shortage Of Food | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Art Is Considered An Important Part Of A Society As Well As An Expression Of Its Culture | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Technological Advancements Are Changing The Food People Eat | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Do You Believe That Experimentation On Animals For Scientific Purposes Is Justified | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many animals are being hunted to the brink of extinction. How can this issue be tackled?
- Some People Think That It Is Necessary To Use Animals For Testing Medicines Intended For Human Use | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The prevention of health problems and illness is more important than treatment and medicine | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Art Is Considered An Important Part Of A Society As Well As An Expression Of Its Culture | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample