Fatherhood Ought To Be Emphasized As Much As Motherhood | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Fatherhood ought to be emphasized as much as motherhood. The idea that women are solely responsible for deciding whether or not to have babies leads on to the idea that they are also responsible for bringing the children up. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, the role of a father in bringing up a child is as important as that of a mother and hence fatherhood must be lauded as much as motherhood. I fully agree with this view. Of course, the mother has a greater role than the father in bringing the child into this world, but once the baby is born both parents play an equal role in raising him.
A father’s affection for the child is as pure and invaluable as that of a mother. In addition, both parents have the same biological relation with the child. Of course, the mother has a slightly more important role in the first few months after the baby is born, but afterwards, their roles and responsibilities are more or less the same. Men’s idea of parenting has also changed dramatically over the years. Earlier many men only provided financially for the child and shied away from other responsibilities of fatherhood. But the new age father belongs to an altogether different species. He believes in sharing every aspect of parenting with his wife. Needless to say, the modern father plays with the child, cuddles him, changes his diapers and calms him down when he is crying. He ensures that the child is fed and clothed properly and helps with his studies and homework.
The modern mother also expects this of her husband. It is practically impossible for a woman to look after her child all the time and still pursue a demanding career. Needless to say, young mothers these days want their husbands to have the same role as them in raising the child. What’s more, whether or not the father plays an active role in the upbringing of the child, his son or daughter will always feel more secure and protected under his wings. For example, if a child is harassed by a bully, the father is the first person he approaches for support. If the father wasn’t important, the child would not turn to him in the first place. What’s more, in many families, the role of the father is not limited to providing emotional support. He is also the bread winner. He is the one who provides for the child and his mother.
In conclusion, the inalienable blood relation and the emotional bond that the father shares with the child make fatherhood as important as motherhood. Also, I believe the idyllic joy of parenthood is as unique and special for a father as it is for a mother.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Think That Television, Friends And Music Are The Main Factors That Influence A Child’s Development | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Especially Mothers Often Decide To Stay At Home To Take Care Of Family | Band 8 IELTS Esssy Sample
- Some People Believe That Children Should Be Brought Up In Cities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | School is the place to learn social values
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample |
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are getting into crime because of the lack of emotional support from parents and teachers
- All fathers should be entitled to time-off from work when their children are born | IELTS essay sample
- Correct usage of the verb suggest
- A Teacher’s Role Is To Motivate And Inspire Students | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample: Stay-at-home dads