Fast Food Is Part Of Life In Many Places | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Fast food is a part of life in many places. Some people think this has bad effects in lifestyle and diets. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In contemporary settings, more and more people have formed the habit of eating fast food frequently / at regular intervals, and under this circumstance, some people believe that this will exert adverse influence on individuals’ health. I partly agree with them, since I believe that maintaining such dietary habits will generate both positive and negative influence on individuals’ lifestyle and diets in equal measure.
On the one hand, being on a diet of fast food enables individuals to live a relatively easier and convenient lifestyle. This is mainly because most citizens are confronted with increasingly serious competition in the workplace and as a result, for the sake of maintaining / protecting their job security, most of them have to resort to working overtime. Subsisting on eating in fast food restaurants matches such daily routines better, since this can extricate them from the trouble of cooking at home and thus help them save time.
On the other hand, maintaining such dietary habits generates more health problems. To be more specific, it is generally acknowledged that fast food is excessively rich in sugar and fat which takes a toll on individuals’ health, and this has been proven by the fact that more and more people with such eating habits are suffering from some diseases such as high blood pressure or obesity. Also, to increase the shelf life of these foods, some additives are added to them, but the chemicals contained in these additives cause fatal illnesses such as heart attack and cancer in people.
Conversely, most home-cooked food is made from fresh fruits and vegetables, and its ingredients are controlled at a reasonable level. This ensures that they are rich in vitamins and minerals, which are very beneficial to people’ health.
In conclusion, while eating fast food suits the hectic lifestyle of people, this dietary habit also leads to some health problems.
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- IELTS essay sample | Fast foods are bad. Do you agree?
- Most People Prefer To Eat Ready To Eat Food Than Home-Made Food | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- How Often Americans Ate Fast Food | Band 8 Academic IELTS Report
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items
- In Some Countries An Increasing Number Of People Are Suffering From Health Problems As A Result Of Eating Too Much Fast Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Children In Many Countries Are Eating More Fast Food And Convenience Snacks | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay about increasing tax on fast foods
- It seems clear that obesity in today’s society is to some extent due to the availability of fast food | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- In Some Countries The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing And Their Levels of Fitness Are Decreasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample