Fast Food Is A Part Of Life In Many Places | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Fast food is a part of life in many places. Some people think this has bad effects on lifestyle and diets. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Food habits play a vital role in determining the fitness levels of individuals. While fast food is popular in numerous places, some argue that it has adverse effects on one’s living and dietary habits. I completely agree with this argument and this essay will explain why these foods cause harm to humans in the long run despite being delicious.
To begin with, most people are leading a very stressful and busy life, working ten to twelve hours a day. Consequently, they are heavily dependent on fast food to meet their daily meal requirements and spend enormous amounts of money on it. Not only are they consuming unhealthy food, but they are also wasting a lot of money because of their inability to cook food at home. In the USA, for example, many people prefer eating burgers and fries from McDonald’s and KFC and thus end up spending a lot on food. Fast foods have also eliminated many mealtime rituals from families. Earlier family members used to gather around the table, say a prayer and eat together. Such practices played a crucial role in keeping families together. Now, they just open a packet of chips and gorge on it sitting in front of the TV.
Moreover, consuming fast food every day can have serious effects on one’s health. These foods contain fat and are mostly deep fried which add more cholesterol to them. Excessive cholesterol and fat can lead to significant health problems including cardiovascular diseases and obesity. For example, a recent study shows that owing to their regular /daily consumption of fast food, most Australians suffer from heart problem and obesity at a very young age. If people exercise regularly include healthy foods in their diet, these problems can be mitigated. Thus, people need to be mindful of these health issues and monitor their consumption of unhealthy meals.
In conclusion, even though it is fine for people to eat these foods occasionally, their primary meals should be healthy and homecooked so that they can maintain optimal level of fitness.
- In Some Countries An Increasing Number Of People Are Suffering From Health Problems As A Result Of Eating Too Much Fast Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Fast Food Is Part Of Life In Many Places | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- With The Fast Pace Of Modern Life More And More People Are Turning Towards Fast Food | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- It seems clear that obesity in today’s society is to some extent due to the availability of fast food | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Consumption of Fast Foods
- Cooking At Home Is A Waste Of Time Because There Are So Many Convenient Fast Food Options That Make Life Less Stressful | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Children In Many Countries Are Eating More Fast Food And Convenience Snacks | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay About Increasing Tax On Fast Foods
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Fast Food Is Replacing Regular Meals