Face To Face Communication Will Become A Thing Of Past Because Of Internet Based Communication | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
With an increasing percentage of the population communicating via the internet and text messaging, face to face communication will become a thing of the past. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, the rise in the use of internet based communication tools and text messages will result in the demise of face to face communication. I strongly agree with this view. In my opinion, the latest forms of communication will eclipse traditional methods soon.
Internet based communication is becoming more and more popular because it is quick and reliable. Since internet networks are now available in all parts of the world, people can communicate with their friends, family and clients scattered across the world at any hour of the day. Also internet communication is possible in many different ways. For example, we can send an email or engage in a video chat. In other words, the latest system of communication has made life much easier with useful features like inexpensive video chatting with family and friends. For example, I use Skype every evening to chat with my parents in India.
Another benefit is that the instant communication tools of of the modern era eliminate the need to travel long distances to have an interaction or deliver a message. Thus, it can be considered economic too and highly suitable for business and education needs. As face to face interactions may require travelling and meeting at a certain place, they are a time consuming process, which is unsuitable for the requirement of the modern life where one needs to do more in less time. Hence, the age old face to face chat is now considered almost obsolete and is used limitedly. To exemplify, now a trader in a country can buy products from a vendor in another continent through a simple email without ever seeing each other’s face which makes their business transactions quicker and boosts their trades.
In conclusion, the use of modern technology has grown substantially leading to frequent use of video calls, emails, text messages and voice mails and minimised the time and effort required for in-person communication. This trend suggests that it will certainly replace face to face chat in near future.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate?
- Band 7 essay sample
- Nowadays Better Communication Technologies Are Available And Hence People Can Communicate In Numerous Ways | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Internet Has Made The World Smaller By Bringing People Together | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 essay | The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments provide free internet?
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | In the past people liked to store knowledge in books. However, in the present, we prefer to store knowledge on the internet.
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- Teenagers Are Spending An Increasing Amount Of Time On The Internet And This Is Having A Negative Impact On Their Social Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That The Internet Is Bringing People Together By Making The World Smaller | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample