Every Country Has Poor People And Every Country Has Different Ways Of Dealing With The Poor | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Every country has poor people and every country has different ways of dealing with the poor. What are some of the reasons for world poverty? How can the poor be helped?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Poverty is a critical issue faced by many countries in the world. The essay will discuss some of the important reasons which cause poverty and how poverty-stricken people can be helped.
It is evident that one of the most important reasons for poverty is illiteracy and lack of access to education. Uneducated people cannot find a good job. Consequently, they have to live their entire lives in poverty. Unequal distribution of wealth is another reason for poverty. In many countries, the rich are becoming richer because they have access to all the necessary resources. By contrast, the poor are becoming poorer. As many of them are uneducated, they can only perform manual jobs which are underpaid. In some countries, civil war, political unrest and natural calamities also lead to poverty. For example, poverty is a major issue in Middle East Asian countries like Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan because they are countries are torn by war and terrorism.
The government can take certain measures to help poor people. For example, the government should provide free education to all children to secure their future. It should also start programs to educate unemployed, illiterate youth. Giving scholarships to bright students coming from poor families will enable them to pursue higher education. It can distribute food grains free of cost to poor people. It can offer them financial assistance for building homes. It can give them loans without collateral so that they can start their own ventures.
To conclude, many factors cause poverty including illiteracy, civil unrest and drought and natural calamities. The government can improve the situation by making education universally available and providing food grains at subsidized costs.
Want to improve your English Grammar? Get my book and avoid making the common mistakes that IELTS test takers usually make.
- Every Country Has Poor People And Each Country Has Different Ways Of Dealing With The Poor | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- All Over The World The Rich Are Becoming Richer And The Poor Are Becoming Poorer | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More Qualified People Are Moving From Poor Countries To Rich Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- All Over The World The Rich Are Becoming Richer And The Poor Are Becoming Poorer | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about financial assistance to poor nations
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Should wealthy nations share their wealth among poor nations
- Band 9 essay sample | The rich nations should help the poor nations
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor Is Widening
- Rich Are Becoming Richer And Poor Are Becoming Poorer | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Problem With Education In Poor Countries Is The Teaching Methodology Used | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample