Employees in senior management positions should receive higher salaries | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
It is a good thing for people in senior management positions to get a higher salary than other workers in the same company. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Most organisations pay higher salaries to employees holding senior management positions. In my opinion this is justified because senior level employees tend to have more responsibilities. They also have more degrees and experience.
If companies pay higher salaries to senior executives, that is because these positions come with a lot of responsibilities. For example, the branch manager of a company is responsible for overseeing the operations of the entire branch whereas a junior level employee only has to take care of their respective job. A customer care executive is only responsible for answering the queries of customers. They are not held responsible if a product or service fails in the market. A production head, on the other hand, is answerable to the executives above him if a particular product fails. Obviously, senior level positions are highly demanding. What’s more, in order to be able to occupy such positions, an employee needs to have years of experience and degrees from top tier institutions. Therefore, in my opinion, the higher salaries that seniors command are justified.
The organisation also gets to retain their key people when they give higher remuneration to seniors. At the same time, the higher wages of managers and CEOs encourage junior level employees to work harder for promotions and raises. This, in turn, increases the productivity of the organisation.
On the other hand, if every employee receives the same salary regardless of their job profile no one will have the motivation to put in more hours or work hard. Needless to say, this will have a negative impact on the profitability of the organisation.
To conclude, in my opinion, salaries should be commensurate with the experience and job profile of an employee. Since, senior level executives have more responsibilities than the people who work under them, it is imperative that they are paid more.
- IELTS essay: Should new employees be promoted to higher positions?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Should Pay Higher Salaries To Keep Employees Motivated
- Band 9 essay sample | Some managerial positions should be reserved for female employees
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Only staff who worked in a company for a long time should be given promotion
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | The Best Way To Motivate Employees Is To Offer Them Financial Incentives
- IELTS essay: Who should pay for senior care?
- Band 8 essay sample | Should employees share personal information with the employer?
- Band 9 essay about the huge salaries of sports people
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About Hiring People Who Are Independent And Innovative
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | In some countries, a few people earn extremely high salaries