Due to the development and rapid expansion of supermarkets, many small local businesses are unable to compete | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Due to the development and rapid expansion of supermarkets, many small local businesses are unable to compete. Some people think that the closure of local business will bring about the death of local communities. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Do you have difficulty writing a to what extent do you agree or disagree essay? Watch our Youtube video to learn about the correct structure of this type of IELTS essays.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
As a result of the growth of supermarkets in some countries, many local businesses have died out. Some people argue that without local business, local communities will not exist. In my opinion, even though the closure of regional enterprises may bring some difficulties to the local community, it will not endanger their existence.
Lack of traditional retail stores in a locality may pose some problems to the local population. People have to travel to the nearest shopping centre to get the items. It is a more expensive and time consuming activity compared to getting the items from local shops. In addition to this, in case of any emergency, when people do not have much time to waste to get the item, lack of local shops may put them in more trouble. For example, if some visitors turn up unexpectedly, the presence of small stores nearby will help people to treat them adequately.
Even though local population have to encounter certain difficulties due to the lack of small retail stores, it will not affect their existence. In the modern society, there are many supermarkets and shopping malls in all towns and cities. And also, people love to travel to these places and enjoy their shopping. In fact, in the current society, people prefer to buy items from supermarkets and shopping malls as these places offer many facilities such as cinema halls and restaurants for people to enjoy. Cheap transportation modes are also available to go to nearby shopping centres.
In conclusion, although the closure of regional shops may affect the local population negatively to a small extent, it will not threaten their existence.
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Local Shops Are Closing Down Because Of Supermarkets
- IELTS essay about supermarkets and small shops
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Local Newspaper About Problems Affecting The Local Market
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping
- Band 8.5 IELTS Report | Compare The Current State Of A Town With Its Proposed Development Plan
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Are Living Longer. Is This A Positive Development Or Negative Development?
- Topic card: Talk about online shopping
- Band 9 essay sample | Local history is more important than foreign history
- Band 8 essay sample | Food travels long distances to reach consumers