Countries With A Long Average Working Time Are More Economically Successful Than Those Countries Which Do Not Have A Long Working Time | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Countries with a long average working time are more economically successful than those countries which do not have a long working time. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Since the advent of industrialization, there is a huge rise in the competition levels across the world. In fact, this change has lead to an increase in the number of working hours at the workplace, and some people insist that the nations with increased working times have developed financially more than those countries which do not extend their working hours. I strongly disagree with this viewpoint and this essay will elaborate on the same in the following paragraphs with relevant examples.
To commence with, the employees working more than the regular / fixed hours are unlikely to have the ideal work-life balance. This explicitly has an adverse effect on their health and wellbeing and consequently impacts the work productivity. For instance, extensive research conducted by Times of India has revealed that several companies in India where employees are forced to work overtime have reduced productivity. The study also mentioned that this phenomenon has a negative impact on the overall economy of the country.
One more reason why prolonged working hours do not improve a country’s financial status is the negative impact the long hours has on the health of the employees. This is because weary workers are more likely to develop various kinds of chronic diseases in their lifetime. Needless to say, unhealthy citizens directly or indirectly limit the growth prospects of the country. To exemplify, Russia has a great number of highly intelligent working people but at least one out of the five working professionals are suffering from a chronic disease such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
To conclude, workers working more than the usual hours do not make a country economically well-developed because the extensive hard work decreases employees’ work-life balance and also leads to their poor health condition.
- Countries With Long Average Working Hours Are Economically More Successful Than Those Countries Which Do Not Work Long Hours | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Employees should not be asked to work overtime
- Band 8 Essay Sample About The Advantages Of Working From Home
- Many Working People Get Little Or No Exercise Either During The Working Day Or In Their Free Time | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Is work-life balance necessary?
- More And More People Are Working At Home Rather Than In The Workplace. Some People Think This Will Bring Stress To Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in offices every day
- Band 9 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- Rich Countries Should Not Give Jobs To Skilled Workers From Poor Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Working People Get Little Or No Exercise | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample