Computer And Online Gaming Should Be Banned At School | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Computer and online gaming should be banned for students at school as they have no educational value.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, computer and online games are extremely popular among students. Some people insist that children should be prohibited from playing these games at school because they do not serve any educational purpose. I do not quite agree with this view. In my opinion, games should not be banned because they do offer certain benefits and some of them are educational. However, teachers should limit the amount of time children can play such games.
To begin with, young people are fascinated by electronic gadgets. They play games whenever they get an opportunity. This certainly is bad because playing online games for long hours affects the health and academic progress of students. Even so, banning them at school is not the solution because they do offer many benefits to students. Computer games help children unwind after a boring lecture or practical session. Nowadays, children are under tremendous academic pressure. They need a short break every few hours. If they are made to sit in the classroom for hours on end listening to lectures, their grades will only suffer. Asking them to play outside is possible only during favourable weather conditions. Inclement weather will confine kids to the classroom and during those times, online games provide them the much needed relaxation. Also, playing online games allows them to enhance their cognitive and problem solving skills. These games require a great deal of concentration and can actually boost the brain development of children when played in moderation.
However, it is important for teachers to limit the amount of time children get to play these games. Studies have shown that sitting in front of a computer or a console can cause eyestrain, headache and several other health problems. Also, excessive gaming may make children aloof and they may refuse to socialize with their peers, friends and neighbours. This will hurt their self confidence and also divert their attention from their studies. Hence, gaming should be permitted for only limited amounts of time.
In conclusion, online games educate and entertain kids; hence, they should not be banned at schools. However, it is important to limit the amount of time children can play online.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- An Increasing Trend Nowadays Is For Young Adults To Play Computer Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games
- What Are The Negative Impacts Of Playing Computer Games On Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Should sports be taught at school?
- Band 9 essay sample: Children should spend more time outdoor playing games
- Using A Computer Every Day Can Have More Negative Than Positive Effects On Young Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are spending too much time playing video games
- Many Doctors Are Concerned About The Use Of Computer Games By Children And Young | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Children Should Do More School Work In Their Free Time | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample