Children Of Different Ages And Countries Play Computer Games These Days | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Children of different ages and countries play computer games these days. Parents think these computer games have little educational value and have harmful effects on children. What is your opinion?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
In contemporary settings, computer-based games have gained popularity among youngsters all over the world. Under this circumstance, some people believe that such games have hardly any educational value and could even be harmful to children. I completely agree with them.
To commence with, most video games are not as educational as school activities. Although some web-based games can encourage children’s concentration, and problem solving by requiring players to follow various commands and cooperate with their coworkers to try to solve complex problems, these skills can be better gained through team-work oriented and outdoor activities. For example, when children play football, they will do their utmost to defeat their counterparts by cooperating with their coworkers, and these processes can enhance their problem solving and team skills.
Besides, computer games have obvious negative impacts on young people’s health and studies. Gaming can be highly addictive because users are constantly given scores, new targets and frequent rewards to keep them playing. Many children now spend hours every day trying to progress through the levels of a game or to get a higher score than their friends. This type of addiction may result in the lack of exercise and lead to health problems like obesity. Also, young students may fail exams at school when they spend a few more hours on the computer or console without doing their homework. With poor academic performance, children can hardly pursue higher education and find a decent job in the future.
In conclusion, I completely agree with the view that computer games are of limited educational value and are harmful to children’s upbringing.
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- Today Many Children Spend A Lot Of Time Playing Computer Games And Little Time On Sports | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Today Many Children Spend A Lot Of Time Playing Computer Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Children Nowadays Play Video Games, Playstation, Mobile Games Excessively | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Feel That Playing Computer Games Has A Negative Impact On Children’s Health And Social Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games
- An Increasing Trend Nowadays Is For Young Adults To Play Computer Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Children Should Be Encouraged To Play Outdoor Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think Playing Computer Games Is Bad For Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Today Many Children Spend A lot Of Time Playing Computer Games | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample