Celebrities earn more money than other professionals | Band 8 essay samples
Celebrities like actors, athletes and singers earn much more money than other professionals. Some people believe that this is unfair. What is your opinion?
This essay was submitted by one of our students. It is merely provided as a sample. It may contain spelling or grammar mistakes.
Dedication is a ubiquitous trait that is instilled in most of us. However, I have always wondered why some people earn more than others. Despite the fact that everyone seems to work hard, there seems to be stark income inequality in any society. Thus, we ought to explore this matter.
In a free market economy, wages are proportionate to the value of a particular employee, worker or a hired person. Such value is determined by that person’s contribution to the establishment, in which he is working for. Thus, Celebrities gain so much money because of the enormous return they bring to the investor. For example, a typical American movie is likely to achieve three hundred percent profitability. I am never shocked when I hear about movies that can bring profits amounted to two hundred millions dollars.
However, many criticize the ways in which a free market economy functions. As far they are concerned, they believe that even though some jobs may not generate an astounding income for an organization, these jobs are regarded as indispensable to a functioning society. For example, garbage men, as humble as this job may sound like, are essential for any city’s sanitation. Without them, inhabitants of a city would be engulfed by a horrendous plague of diseases.
In conclusion, I believe that there are jobs which are very important for the society. However, we have to accept the reality that some people can make more money than others. Yet, I do still insist that scales of pay do not reflect the importance of any job to the society.
This is a good essay. The student has addressed all aspects of the task and expressed his opinion clearly. There are some grammar mistakes.
Overall, this seems to be a band 7.5 – 8 essay.
- Celebrities earn more money than other professionals. Is this justified?
- Band 8 IELTS essay sample: children should be taught the importance of money
- Protecting wild animals is a waste of resources | Band 8 essay samples
- Band 5 essay samples: People are getting fat. What are the causes of this?
- Band 7 essay samples: It is better to study abroad
- IELTS Essay: Are public celebrations a waste of money?
- Band 7 essay samples: Should noisy and disobedient students be taught separately?
- IELTS Model Essay
- Young employees are more valuable than old employees | Band 7 essay samples
- Sample essay: does money bring happiness?