Band 9 letter sample: You forgot a coat at your friend’s place
Writing task 1
You have just spent a weekend at a friend’s place. When you returned home, you discovered that you have left a coat containing some belongings in his house.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
- tell him that you left the coat behind
- explain what the coat looks like
- make some suggestions about how to get the coat back
I hope you are doing well. Thank you so much for the great weekend. I really enjoyed myself during the two days I spent at your place.
By the way, I think I have forgotten my coat in your house. That is the main reason I am writing this letter. I discovered this only after reaching home. If my memory serves me right, I left it in the bedroom.
I have a special attachment to this coat. It is a gift from my brother. It is a long, black leather coat with two big outer pockets and one secret pocket inside. It contains my credit cards, a family photo and my flight ticket to London. I am more concerned about these things than the coat.
Actually, the flight ticket is only valid for this month and since my cards are inside the coat I can’t do any financial transactions. As you can see, I’m in a real fix now.
Could you check if my coat is in the bedroom? And if you find it, could you send it to me through speed post as soon as possible? I would really appreciate it.
Hoping to hear from you soon
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A letter to a friend
- IELTS sample letter: informal letter between friends
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- Band 9 letter sample: A letter giving directions to reach your home
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- IELTS Sample Letter
- IELTS speaking test in India (September 2011)
- Band 9 letter sample 1
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter to the landlord