Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people find following a strict routine allows them to feel more in control. Others however think that constant changes to the routine make life more interesting and less predictable.
Some people find following a strict routine allows them to feel more in control. Others however think that constant changes to the routine make life more interesting and less predictable. What extent do you agree or disagree?
Need help with writing? Try my writing correction service.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
There are certainly many benefits to having a routine. It makes our lives more organized and less stressful. However, I do not think that everything has to be done according to a pre-determined plan or timetable. In my opinion, it is perfectly all right to break the routine every once in a while.
Having a well-designed routine makes our lives less complicated. In addition, it allows us to achieve more in a day. For example, there are many benefits to waking up early in the morning. This habit is good for our health. It will also ensure that we are never late for school or work. Over time this simple habit of waking up at the same time every day will improve our grades and when we start our career it will improve our chances of getting a raise or promotion. Likewise, if exercise is part of our routine, we will enjoy good health throughout our lives. While it is true that such routines make our lives highly predictable, they also make it less complicated and that is certainly a good thing. By contrast, someone who has absolutely no routine will find it rather difficult to accomplish even simple tasks in a day.
At the same time, there is no harm in breaking the routine once in a while. For example, it is perfectly alright to skip a workout session once a week to take the children to a movie or the park. This is a great way to spend some quality time with one’s children and this occasional break from the routine will have no real impact on one’s fitness levels.
To conclude, routines are certainly important to have better control over our lives. However, it the need arises, one should not hesitate to break them.
- Band 9 essay sample: Why do people walk less now?
- Band 8 IELTS essay sample | The growing number of overweight people is putting a strain on the health care system. Some people think that the best way to deal with this problem is to introduce more physical education lessons in school curriculum
- IELTS essay about quality of life in cities
- Band 6 essay sample: What are the causes of having children later in life?
- Band 9 essay about poor quality of life in cities
- IELTS sample essay: Modern technology has made our lives more complicated
- IELTS Essay: Is work-life balance necessary?
- IELTS essay: The quality of life in cities in worsening
- Essay: Our grandparents think that their lives were simpler and better
- Band 9 Essay Sample | People Should Spend Their Money to Enjoy Life